The Freehold of Cedarbound Whispers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

in which the hedgelings go to the clinic

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

in which the hedgelings go to the clinic Empty in which the hedgelings go to the clinic

Post  mariah Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:46 am

Lyla and Jack arrive at St. Raphael's Clinic. It is a small building with two sets of double glass doors that lead to a reception and waiting room. Since it's a clinic it has more of a friendly feel too it and less of a sterile hospital feel. At least in this area. At the reception desk sits a striking woman, her long black hair pulled up into a pony tail. She is obviously of a fae nature though her pale incredibly skin seems to suggest something more undead. She looks up from her book at the two as they enter with piercing blood read eyes. The woman, who's name tag reads "Graves," gives Jack a once over look then focuses her attention on Lyla.

"Lyla," she nods her head in greeting. "New one?"

((Jack, it might be due to your current just escaped-ness or maybe this darkling's very high autumn mantle, but you get the feeling that she looked at you a little less like how a doctor assesses a patient and more like how someone eye's up a steak.))

mariah
Admin

https://cedarboundwhispers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

in which the hedgelings go to the clinic Empty Re: in which the hedgelings go to the clinic

Post  hannah-st.c Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:00 am

"ya, found him in an alleyway." she glances at jack then back at valencia, "he has this thing against charity, so go ahead and charge him..." lyla gives valencia a strange smile, clearly used to that look on her face.

hannah-st.c
Admin

http://saintlyhannahclaire.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

in which the hedgelings go to the clinic Empty Re: in which the hedgelings go to the clinic

Post  Nitemare Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:30 pm

Jack gives the new building he found himself a long look over.Looks like a fairly nice clinic to him.He can't even remember the last time he was in a place like this.How long had he been in that hell hole?As he is looking around he glances over the receptionist.He really doesn't like the way she is looking at him.He gives a shudder and pulls the blanket closer,trying to make himself look as small as possible.Did he go from one hell and into the slaughterhouse?

Nitemare

Character sheet
Name: Jack Scratch
Seeming: Darkling
Court: courtless

Back to top Go down

Post  mariah Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:59 pm

the woman chuckles as she stands up. she pushes up the sleeves of her lab coat and pulls a stethoscope from somewhere behind the desk which she puts around her neck.

"it's not really fair to charge hedgelings and leto would probably bitch me out anyway. maybe he'll come back later and make a donation," she says to lyla in a low, even tone. turning her attention to jack she says, "come on." she starts walking down a hall. "you can come too if you want to watch or something," she adds over her shoulder to lyla.

mariah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nitemare Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:52 pm

Jack looks at the woman who makes him nervous then slowly follows behind her.They haven't attacked him yet so he might as well see what they will do.

Nitemare

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  hannah-st.c Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:54 pm

"you know i like to watch you work." her tone sounds like it should hold some hidden meaning but the words come out very neutral. "i thought i heard him talking to someone but couldn't find anyone with him and he says he's alone. i might head out and take a look. or if this one proves interesting, call someone to check it out." she keeps her voice low so no one in the waiting area could overhear.

hannah-st.c
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mariah Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:50 pm

It's about 8:30pm so the waiting room was empty.

"Hmm... I'm sure someone will catch them if there is another one running around. They always do."

The woman, who still has not introduced herself to Jack, opens a door and motions for the other two to enter. it's a basic medical exam room. There's magazines in a rack on the wall, some toys in the corner, a couple of chairs and that weird bed, bench thing that can be used for multiple medical purposes, along with a sink and shelves and cupboards for medical supplies.

"Hop on up," Dr. Graves says to Jack, motioning to the unnamed bed, bench thing. She goes to put on some rubber gloves and takes out some things from the cupboards.

mariah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nitemare Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:25 pm

Jack looks at the woman who he figures is a nurse or something similar at this point and then the bed.He slowly walks over to the bed and sits down,taking the blanket off of himself and tossing it into a nearby chair.
"Not that I'm not grateful or anything,but I'm still unsure why you are helping me.I get that it benefits you in so way,but I still don't understand completely."

Jack takes a deep breath then looks at the nurse and continues"My name is...Jack.....Scratch.And you are,Miss...?"

Nitemare

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  mariah Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:47 pm

"Shirt too," she says as the tosses the blanket. The room is at a comfortable temperature and it doesn't seem like he'd become cold from doing so.

The woman looks at him exasperatedly. "And I just remembered why I don't like new people." She takes his arm, a little roughly, and starts pulling bits of thorns and other mysterious clods out of his wounds. "We all escape from that same awful place and we all ban together afterwards to make sure we don't go back and for the good company," she says the last part sarcastically. "Well most of us anyway. It's just the Changeling way of life."

mariah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hannah-st.c Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:40 pm

lyla laughs lightly as dr. graves talks and nods in agreement. she's leaning against a counter with her arms crossed. as the other woman patches the wounds lyla asks her "how's he doing? just cuts from the thorns or you think something might've been chasing him?"

"jeez, kinda scrawny. i should make arrangements for him." she shoots jack a glance that suddenly looks guilty for talking about him like he wasn't there. but the guilt is gone is another second and she goes back to watching the doctor work.

hannah-st.c
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nitemare Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:07 pm

Jack winces in pain as she pokes and prods at his various wounds.In all the excitement he never even noticed that he had them.He decides to stay quiet while she works,instead just watching what both of the woman do.He was confused by all this.Where they telling him secrets or common stuff?And what was a changeling?Was that what he was now?

He decides to break the silence when the woman who referred to herself as Lyla mentioned something about him being chased."I wasn't chased,atleast I don't think I was.I was just trying to find a place to hide.I traded alot of good secrets for it.I wanted to make sure I hadn't gotten a bad trade."

Nitemare

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  hannah-st.c Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:43 am

"traded secrets?" she looks at dr. graves with some concern "whose secrets and to whom? you don't need to tell us what they are, though, doubt it'd do us any good." lyla has begun absentmindedly twirling a pair of scissors between her metallic fingers.

hannah-st.c
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mariah Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:02 am

"Oh he'll be fine. Looks like mostly just torns. Might need a stitch or two, this one looks particularly deep," she says, eying a wound on his shoulder. I have a feeling what's going on on his face isn't something even Spring contracts could fix."

She chuckles a little at the secrets talk. "Better take him to Winter. Trading secrets for a good place to hide," she laughs a little again as she puts her tools down and takes out a bottle of antiseptic and a sterile cloth.

mariah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nitemare Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:15 am

Jack looks confused at the both of them.

"Isn't that what you both had to do as well?You said about others escaping that place.And who is the Winter person?"

He lets the nurse continue her work,even though he knows its probably going to hurt.Looks like they aren't going to try to kill him.For the moment at least.

Nitemare

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  mariah Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:26 am

She laughs a little ruefully. "No, I had to kill for my Keeper and learn to survive off the blood of my prey so that I could in turn be a food source for him." As she talks, you now notice the razor sharp fangs inside her mouth.

mariah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brett Vire Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:23 pm

Meanwhile Scalpel waited in the lobby of the clinic, sighing in a resigned way. While he had finally yielded to being dragged to the building, he was still resolute that no one would touch his body. He had been serious about not wanting anyone trying to tend to him, he just needed some medical supplies and he'd be alright.
Brett Vire
Brett Vire

Character sheet
Name: Scalpel
Seeming: Wizened

Back to top Go down

Post  mariah Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:48 pm

The lady with white hair is checking something behind the desk. She goes to a closet and takes out a white lab coat which she puts on after-which she returns her attention to Scalpel.

"This way." She motions down the hall. Scalpel, should he choose to follow, is lead to the room where all the fun times are happening.

mariah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hannah-st.c Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:23 pm

"that's not how i got out, but it's a way." lyla's tonie is very serious, then lightens up. "once you're done i'll take him to winter." she faces jack directly and says "winter isn't a person, it's a court. it's how we group up now that we're out. sorry, but i'm not gonna give the whole story, someone else can deal with that." she laughs in a kind of exasperated way.

hannah-st.c
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nitemare Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:12 pm

"Umm,ok?I guess its not like I have any other options right now." he looks around the room while the nurse works,more to get his mind off things then to actually need to look around.

"Thank you for all this,for what it's worth"

Nitemare

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  mariah Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:21 pm

"Mmm," Graves makes a non-committal noise. At which point, a younger woman with white hair and a lab coat opens the door, followed by Scalper.

"Oh. Well, I see you working. Wanna handle this one while I go get them some not destroyed clothes?"

"I would be so happy, you don't even know." Graves says in a deadpan tone.

"Greaaaat," the white haired woman laughs pushing Scalpel into the room and closing the door behind him.

Valencia stares at him for a moment before going back to cleaning up Jack. "Take a seat, I'll get to you after I'm finished with him."

mariah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brett Vire Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:30 pm

Scalpel looked at the white haired woman and gave her a shaky nod of thanks before looking at the man he had seen earlier. So, he had been brought here as well. he then spoke up "Miss, may I ask for some salve and gauze? I only have 1st degree burns on my lower forearm."
Brett Vire
Brett Vire

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  hannah-st.c Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:51 pm

"i'm heading out, v, but i'll be nearby. text me when you're done here and i'll take these guys off your hands." she smiles politely at the doctor. on her way out the door she stops and looks at scalpel. before she says anything she remembers she was still playing with the scissors so she sets those down on the counter. "were you followed? either hunting party or someone that was supposed to come with you?"

hannah-st.c
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brett Vire Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:17 pm

Scalpel looked at layla "I was dragged here... by this lady" he said as he as he pointed at graves.
Brett Vire
Brett Vire

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  hannah-st.c Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:08 pm

lyla rolls her eyes, "i meant from the other side, arcadia, the madness beyond." she gestures to whatever scrapes and tears he has from the thorns. her fingers flash like metallic blades in the bright light, but it seems unintentional.

hannah-st.c
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mariah Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:09 pm

Graves gives Scalpel a confused and annoyed look. "Delusional, yeah not giving you medical supplies. I'm Valencia, black hair, Autumn mantle, scary...." she shakes her pony tail at him. "Leto brought you here. Key differences, white hair, Spring mantle. Better attitude." She starts bandaging the smaller wounds on Jack.

mariah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next