A Warm Bar

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A Warm Bar

Post  mariah on Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:36 pm

Scalpel finds himself in front of The Riptide. There are several drunk mortals leaving as he approaches, leaving ruckus laughter and the smell of alcohol and bar food in their wake. The sounds of music and other jovial noises can be heard emitting from the building.

mariah
Admin

View user profile http://cedarboundwhispers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A Warm Bar

Post  Brett Vire on Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:50 pm

Scalpel looked at the mortals leaving and glanced at Chisel "You hungry cutie?"
Brett Vire

Character sheet
Name: Scalpel
Seeming: Wizened
Court: courtless

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mariah on Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:10 pm

She squeaks in affirmation.

mariah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brett Vire on Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:26 pm

Scalpel nodded and covered her up a little more before stepping inside. Once he did so he took a quick survey of the bar, a bit excited as he hadn't had alcohol in such a long time, and anxious about being around so many non-fae people.
Brett Vire

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mariah on Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:34 pm

The bar is warm and there are actually currently more changelings in here than mortals. There is a large group of large men with big hot mantles, probably contributing a good deal to the heat of the establishment, over at a table, bro-ing it up. There is another fairly large man tending the bar. He has a similarly hot mantle and resembles something of a salty sea captain. There is also a female changeling sitting at the bar who appears to be talking to the bar tender. Scalpel probably doesn't recognize her at first because of her biker punk attire, but the combination of her long black hair and creeping chill up his spine when he looks at her makes him think it's probably the angry doctor from the clinic. She hasn't noticed him walk in. There are also a couple of large, scaly gentlemen who are playing pool with the bros. They seem to also be bro-ing it up with the rest of them. If Scalpel looks further than a precursory glance, he'll also see that there is a changeling woman sitting in one of the booths in the back, smoking. Or she seems to be smoking anyway. She has a mantle similar to the scaly bros but does not seem nearly as approachable.

mariah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brett Vire on Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:39 am

Scalpel looked around and was a bit agitated at the large number of changelings, and shakily made his way to the bar, unconsciously moving towards the changeling not giving him heat flashes and aggravating his already twitchy mood. " This amount of metaphysical heat is ridiculous, if this was a hospital we would kick them all out. I mean seriously heat and humidity speeds up deterioration.. good god how can they run a business like this?" he muttered as he sat next to Graves, though he didn't recognize her.
Brett Vire

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mariah on Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:59 pm

Valencia glances at him as he sits down then does a double take.
"Fuck."
The ogre tending the bar smirks a little at her cursing, "This that guy then?"
She grumbles a little, returning her gaze forward, and takes a large drink of her suspiciously dark beverage.

Last edited by mariah on Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

mariah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brett Vire on Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:15 pm

Scalpel's crimson eyes flickered to her and raised an eyebrow "Well an inglorious hello to you too." he said as his eyes then widened a bit from recognition "You're that doctor... Graves right?" he asked her. He then caught what the darkling said and his eyebrow furrowed as a hint of a sardonic smile played at his face "You seem happy to see me."
Brett Vire

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mariah on Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:01 pm

"Yeah," there's a little be of a growl to her voice as she says it. "Graves is the last name I go by... Oh, just... overjoyed," she says sarcastically and takes another gulp.

mariah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brett Vire on Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:04 pm

Scalpel watched her drink and his smile faded "You still are being cross with me?" he asked her as he looked at the bartender "Sorry for not ordering anything yet.. I don't have any money." he said apologetically.
Brett Vire

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mariah on Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:15 pm

"Sorry. I'm not particularly a fan of people telling me how to do my job." Her tone is not apologetic.

mariah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TaylorC.S. on Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:02 am

The barman's voice is rough and deep, "She's cross with everyone. It's when she's smiling that you have to worry." He pulls a menu from behind the bar and then slides it towards Scalpel as he starts prepping more pitchers for the gang playing pool. The menu has the standard fare of bar food; the drinks seem to specialize in microbrews and rum, but include a wide variety of other options.

"You get a meal and drink on the house, newcomer special, and you can warm a seat so long as you're being productive with it. Y'know, learning the ropes, making arrangements. Any more than that and it's a boot out the door." He speaks in a firm and commanding manner, not unlike the captain of a ship, but doesn't come off as rude. "Name's Ishmael when you're ready."

TaylorC.S.
Admin

Character sheet
Name: Ishamel
Seeming: Ogre
Court: Summer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mariah on Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:06 am

Valencia's glare shifts to the bar tender. It's unclear in the low bar light, but for a second it almost looks like a faint blush passes over her face. After a moment, she gives him what can only be described as the most evil of grins.

mariah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brett Vire on Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:22 am

Scalpel couldn't help but grimace at her words and his face softened slightly "I apologize as well, I just have a huge problem with others trying to treat injuries I could easily tend to, last time I did before I escaped I regretted it for 19 years..." he said as he looked up at the bar tender "No, I've already had a free meal this evening, I'd rather just go hungry than take advantage of hospitality. Now my dear Chisel on the other hand deserves something to eat." he said as he put the little hedge beast on the counter so she could look at the menu. "Let her eat and then I'll be out of your hair sir, please." he said respectfully as he then looked at the other people, his eyes narrowed slightly as he hid his irritation.
Brett Vire

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mariah on Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:06 pm

"Well, you still need to pick a meal, doesn't matter who it's for."

Chisel squeaks and puts her paws on the bacon cheeseburger.

Isumeal continues, not noticing chisel, "no point in getting out of here if you don't have anywhere to go. You don need to eat and beat it, unless you're not staying in town. But at this hour, I figure you are."

Valencia doesn't say anything more at this point.

mariah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brett Vire on Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:22 pm

Scalpel looked down and her and scratched her side "I will order a bacon cheeseburger for this little lady. do you want the cheese fries sweetie?" he asked her as he looked at Valencia "Hey, what's wrong?"
Brett Vire

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TaylorC.S. on Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:35 am

"Bacon cheese and cheese fries, you got it. Nothing to drink for you? And it's not hospitality, it's something to curb the hell you look like you just got out of." The bartender leans back and barks nearly unintelligible orders back into the kitchen, answered by a truly ogrish grunt.

TaylorC.S.
Admin

Character sheet
Name: Ishamel
Seeming: Ogre
Court: Summer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mariah on Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:39 am

Chisel squeaks happily.

Valencia finishes her glass and pushes it down the bar to Ishmael. "Nothing's wrong. I'm just like this, like he said," she gives Ishmael a look.

mariah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brett Vire on Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:43 pm

"Well if you insist, I think I will ask for your strongest drink. I'd like to test my tolerance level." Scalpel said as he nodded in thanks to the bartender and pet Chisel absently as he continued conversation with Valencia "Something I have in common with you then, we both have shitty dispositions towards people." he said with the slightest of smiles.

( socially awkward attempt to starting what could be *very* loosely interpreted as a positive acquaintance gooo!)
Brett Vire

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mariah on Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:03 pm

"Hmm." Valencia grunts noncommittally. She gives Ishmael a look like fill my glass again, to which he obliges, refilling it from a black bottle pulled out from under the counter.

He returns the bottle to its place under the counter and brings up a earthenware jug with him. The ogre removes the thick cork from the jug and proceeds to fill a tin cup with the strange, chalky grey liquid which he passes to Scalpel. "I call it Captain's Brew. Have to serve it in these tin cups cuz it's the only thing that won't melt." He only sounds like he's half joking.

mariah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brett Vire on Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:26 pm

Scalpel eyed the cup and slowly picked it up "This isn't poisonous to people with Dextro-DNA is it?" he asked in a tone as close to joking as he could manage before looking down at Chisel "You wouldn't happen to want a sip would you, cutie?" he asked her.
Brett Vire

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mariah on Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:38 pm

"Wouldn't know. Not a science type." Ishmael loads like six pitches or beer onto a tray and walks off to deliver them to the pool table.

Chisel sniffs the air, squeaks and runs and hides inside Scalpel's shirt.

mariah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brett Vire on Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:46 pm

Scalpel looked down at his shirt, utterly confused " What's wrong sweetie?" he asked as he nervously took a sip of the brew.
Brett Vire

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mariah on Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:58 pm

The drink tastes like a combination of something evil pulled from the depths of the ocean and hellfire. The burn is incredible.

mariah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brett Vire on Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:04 pm

He sputters a bit for several seconds and hacks a bit before slowly going to take another sip "i-it's not so bad... you want some cutie?"
Brett Vire

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next