The Freehold of Cedarbound Whispers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scalpel Needs a Friend.

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Scalpel Needs a Friend. Empty Scalpel Needs a Friend.

Post  Brett Vire Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:40 am

Scalpel soon found himself blindly wandering through alleyways once again and for awhile he felt at peace actually. As he walked he was aware of a wiggling in his pocket and he reached into it, pulling out a small rat that was heavily scarred like him. "What's up Chisel?"
Brett Vire
Brett Vire

Character sheet
Name: Scalpel
Seeming: Wizened
Court: courtless

Back to top Go down

Scalpel Needs a Friend. Empty Re: Scalpel Needs a Friend.

Post  mariah Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:56 pm

The hedgebeast squeaks something in a hob language and nips at Scalpel's hand before scampering up his sleeve to curl around the back of his neck. You get the sense that the rat is a little irritated, both from being kept inside your shirt for so long and for leaving the warm place you were just in.

mariah
Admin

https://cedarboundwhispers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Brett Vire Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:00 pm

"I apologize little guy, I just had enough listening to such depressing talk.." he said as he continued on, idly rubbing at the nipped spot on his hand. "I know they can't possibly know of my.. sacrifice, but still, I'd rather be told things that could almost make me feel happy than some idiotic reverence for sorrow."
Brett Vire
Brett Vire

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  mariah Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:17 pm

Chisel, who is now female, puts her head on her paws and gives a tiny rat sigh of general ambivalence towards what Scalpel just said. She seems more concerned with napping.

mariah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nitemare Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:58 am

Jack scrambles after Scalpel,trying to catch up with him.He can't help but wish he was wearing slightly warmer clothing for this.

"Hey,wait up!"

Nitemare

Character sheet
Name: Jack Scratch
Seeming: Darkling

Back to top Go down

Post  Brett Vire Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:17 am

Scalpel then stopped for a second, slightly freaked out by the sudden change of sex his little hedge beast seemed to have undergone within a matter of seconds. "Uh... what the hell just happened??" he asked as he turned his head to look at the rat as best as possible, and happened to catch a glance of Jack Scratch "Oh great, just what I need.. a stupid kid following me around." he then started to walk again, moving more briskly than before. "hold on tight lil girl, I might have to run in a sec." he said as his and slowly slipped into his pocket, his fingers curling around one of his scalpels just in case.
Brett Vire
Brett Vire

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  mariah Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:52 am

Chisel scratches at his ear. Scalpel gets the sense that she thinks he's being dumb and should wait to see what the kid wants.

mariah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brett Vire Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:12 pm

He tried to poke her side "hey come on, stop that." he complained, though he did stop walking.
Brett Vire
Brett Vire

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Nitemare Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:23 pm

Jack slowed when he saw that Scalpel had stopped,though he wanted to keep a little distance between them just in case.

"You know,you really shouldn't take your anger and frustration out on them.They are only trying to help us after all.Heck,its not like they need to and yet they still offer.Couldn't you atleast give them a chance?"

Nitemare

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Brett Vire Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:56 pm

Scalpel regarded him for a moment. "I cannot. They are little different from the Lords friend. They talk about aiding us, yet they mean they are wanting warm bodies to exploit. They say they can protect us, they actually want to use us to protect their interests. They say they offer freedom... I know they mean oppression and slavery. I would of thought that someone of your station could see that, Darkling." he said with a sigh as he idly pet chisel under his shirt.
Brett Vire
Brett Vire

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Nitemare Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:14 pm

Jack just frowned and raises an eyebrow.

"I have not seen that.Where as my slice of hell was a land of constant change and darkness,where secrets were the only thing that mattered.There you couldn't trust anyone for fear that they would turn on you.These people offer help,clearly with faith in us even though they have no idea if we could turn on them at any second.Granted,I have no such desire to do so.I don't want to become anything like Them."

Nitemare

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Brett Vire Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:32 pm

Scalpel chuckled though the chuckle was neither amused nor kind. " So you are letting soothing words and empty promises blind you is what you're saying. Thank you for your time, we're done here." he said as he turned around and started leaving.
Brett Vire
Brett Vire

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Nitemare Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:43 pm

Jack blinked then started walking closer to Scalpel.

"And how do you know that their promises are empty?And don't let these marks on my face fool you,I am far from blind.I can see quite well.The question is how blind are you?" Jack thinks for a moment on how to say the next part and decided on bluntness "Is it the loss of not having a normal life that much of a problem for you?"

Nitemare

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Brett Vire Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:01 pm

" I've lost my sight many times son, and I can tell you I've never been able to see with greater acuity than now." he said coolly as he continued to walk. "I worked with people who probably made your liars and secret keepers look like the most honest people on earth, and what did they do with the trust you would happen to give them? They would strap you on a table and cut you completely open head to toe and take literally everything. Blood, bone, organs, thoughts, souls... it didn't matter So as you can see, these scars are in no way for show. These people are no different, they just paint a false face of civility on it." he said as he narrowed his eyes a bit at the last question. "No, my life was never lost, in fact my life probably is way better than it could have been if I was still living it." he said as he just looked at Scratch "What are you trying to get at boy? Because I can tell you right now that you're not convincing me to change my mind"
Brett Vire
Brett Vire

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  mariah Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:21 pm

chisel flicks scalpel idly with her tail and squeaks a little as she rubs her nose in his neck. he gets the feeling that she's saying he's wrong about them being like the others. her animal senses tell her so.

mariah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nitemare Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:49 pm

Jack folded his arms and raised an eyebrow at Scalpel.

"What I'm trying to get at is that you aren't the only one who has suffered at the hands of Them.You see these?" Jack points to the scratch marks that run from his eyes and down his face."These were a 'gift' from my Keeper.And I don't know how he did it,but when he gave me these he took my very identity from me.I don't even know who I am!Or who I was!Atleast you know who you used to be!And who you are now!"

Nitemare

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Brett Vire Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:34 pm

Scalpel sighed "I only know that I was a doctor, had a wife, and a child, that's it.. I can't even remember if my child is a boy or girl, my wife's name, or even my own name anymore. So I know little more about myself than you do. And Perhaps it's better that you don't remember, it's going to be easier to move on."

He pulled chisel out and pet her softly "I know..." he gave her a gentle kiss on the nose and scratched her little rat ears "still... they haven't really proven it you know?"
Brett Vire
Brett Vire

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Nitemare Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:28 pm

Jack just sighed and shook his head.

"And how am I supposed to move on?What skills do I have that will take me into the future?Sure,I know how to talk to others,and I'm good at finding and keeping secrets but that is it.At least you as a doctor can help people.Shouldn't that be what you should try to do?Isn't that what doctors do?Help others?"

Nitemare

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  mariah Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:49 pm

chisel sniffs at him and leans into scratches. she seems to think you haven't really given anyone much of a chance. he also gets the vague, amorphous feeling that she thinks that, as a new comer, wanting the experienced residents to prove themselves is a little silly.

mariah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brett Vire Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:47 pm

Scalpel pet her on his shoulder and just gave Jack a 'really' face. " You just answered your own question." he said as he rolled his eyes. " Do the thing you know how to do, and build a new life using those skills. It will be easy since you have nothing to weigh you down." he then sighed at the doctor questions " whether or not I do doctor things is my own call. " he said as he pat the little rat " how do you know much about all this any way silly little cutie??" he asked her.
Brett Vire
Brett Vire

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  mariah Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:58 pm

she chirps happily. it's very clearly "animal instincts!"

mariah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nitemare Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:35 pm

Jack just rolls his eyes.

"So,are you going to leave then for an uncertain future or will you atleast try to see where things go with those people?Granted,you have no idea if that will be good either,but sometimes you have to take a leap of faith."

Nitemare

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Brett Vire Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:41 pm

Scalpel rubbed her under her chin "Animal instincts huh? I was unaware they were attuned to politics." he said in as close to a teasing tone he could manage before looking at scratch "With the winter people, absolutely not. I will see what the others are about though."
Brett Vire
Brett Vire

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Nitemare Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:37 am

Jack rolls his eyes then motions toward the direction they came from.

"Well I don't know about you but I have no idea where the others really tend to hang out.We might have a better chance of finding them by asking the Winter Queen.Are you willing to atleast ask her or would you rather just wander and hope to find them through trial and error?"

Nitemare

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Brett Vire Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:25 am

Scalpel dismissively waved his hand "What you do mean 'we'? I was unaware there was a 'we', unless you mean my cute little Chisel and I. You and I are not a 'we'." he said as he walked in the direction opposite direction of where Jack was pointing "I'll find my own way, I already have a wonderful guide." he said as he teasingly pinched Chisel's little tummy.
Brett Vire
Brett Vire

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next