The Freehold of Cedarbound Whispers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

They arrived on a bike

3 posters

Go down

They arrived on a bike  Empty They arrived on a bike

Post  mariah Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:56 pm

Gregory progressively peddles faster and eventually the two are going through town again. Eventually he pull up to a shop, parks his bike and leads Jack inside.

mariah
Admin

https://cedarboundwhispers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

They arrived on a bike  Empty Re: They arrived on a bike

Post  TaylorC.S. Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:23 pm

A small bell chimes above the door as the two Changelings enter. To the left, a woman sitting in an armchair behind a desk looks up from a bent and tattered novel to greet the visitors to her store.

"Hey Greg, I was hoping you'd be in. My dad shipped some books over for you when he was in Europe. I think these're Nordic? Let me grab 'em for you." She pulls a stack of old leather-bound tomes from a shelf behind the desk and sets them down. "Who's the new guy?" She looks over to Jack and waves slightly, "Hi, I'm Angie."

TaylorC.S.
Admin

Character sheet
Name: Ishamel
Seeming: Ogre
Court: Summer

Back to top Go down

Post  mariah Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:20 pm

Gregory gets all kinds of fidgety. He takes the books off the counter and puts them in his back pack. "T-thanks-er-well- tell you dad thanks. I finished the last ones too. They were really helpful." He pulls out a small stack of books from his bag and puts them on the counter. "This is Jack. H-he's....new. Thinking he wants to go Autumn." He fidgets again, hiding behind his hair and picking at a finger nail.

mariah
Admin

https://cedarboundwhispers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nitemare Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:06 pm

Jack nods his head to Angie "Greetings Ma'am.Like he said my name is Jack.Jack Scratch.And yes,I'm thinking of joining Autumn." Jack looks around and gives a small smile."Nice place you have here."

Nitemare

Character sheet
Name: Jack Scratch
Seeming: Darkling
Court: courtless

Back to top Go down

Post  TaylorC.S. Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:18 am

"Autumn, huh?" She smiles and spares a glance for Gregory, "Does that mean I'll have another bookworm on my hands? Have to say, you guys are great for business." Angie flips open a massive ledger and begins flipping through pages while glancing at the spines of the books Gregory dropped off. Eventually, she seems to find the pages for each entry and makes a not alongside it.

"So what're you up to today, Jack? Oh, and don't worry about calling me 'ma'am,' Angie'll do fine."

TaylorC.S.
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Nitemare Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:11 pm

Jack just walks through the store,browsing mostly as he wasn't sure what kind of book he would want"Today?Well,I'm learning a bit more about this city and I guess if all goes well I will be joining Autumn."

Nitemare

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  TaylorC.S. Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:55 pm

"Touring town? Hmm, let's see..." Angie flips through a few more pages of her massive ledger. "Ah, here we are, I knew I still had a few more in stock." She slips from behind the counter and weaves between a shelf or two to find a book. She pulls a little handmade journal off the shelf and hands it to Jack. "I had a gentleman from the College of Worms through here about a year back. He wrote up something of an atlas of the area, so I asked for a few copies. Go ahead and hang on to that until you get your bearings straight."

The little book is full of sketches and maps of town with many notes on various locations. Some sections seem straight from a tourism guidebook, with reviews of restaurants and where the best spots to see the sunset is. Other sections are far more personal, describing anecdotes of the strange crowd met on this street or the odd noises that came from that one house. Lastly, little bits of local lore and history have been littered throughout.

TaylorC.S.
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Nitemare Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:52 am

Jack takes the little book graciously and flips through it.From what he can see it looks like he will want to read through this in detail as soon as he can.Especially the local lore,history and that one house that was mentioned. "Thank you very much Ma'am...err Angie,sorry.Have to say for being such a small shop you have a good selection.Though I am a bit curious about the name."

Nitemare

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  TaylorC.S. Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:07 pm

"Yeah, thanks, I do what I can with what I got. I look through all these books myself, so I know they're good ones, though." She chuckles a little, "I inherited a lot of things from my dad, but fortunately not his lectures, so I'll give you the short version. The monomyth is this idea that all stories are fundamentally the same, the facade is that every story is unique in its own way. If nothing else, it sounds nice and gets people through the door."

TaylorC.S.
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Nitemare Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:32 am

Jack nods."I think I can see the logic in that.When one looks at stories themselves they all have a protagonist,a quest,an antagonist and a reward.Even in horror,where death may be the reward.Not the best of rewards but its just an example."He shakes his head before smiling apologetically "Sorry about that,I tend to ramble at times.Its a habit I picked up from That Place.Secrets were a treasure to be collected and hoarded jealously.The longer you spoke with someone,the more they said and thus the more chances for a secret,even if they didn't think it a secret at the time."

Nitemare

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum