The Freehold of Cedarbound Whispers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sleep Tight, Jack

4 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Sleep Tight, Jack - Page 3 Empty Re: Sleep Tight, Jack

Post  Nitemare Wed May 22, 2013 12:30 am

Jack drops his fork at that,a massive look of shock on his face."You...you're a Queen?But..but you're a child..or atleast I think you are one...I'm soo confused"He didn't know what to do.Did he apologize for the way he was acting?Did he just sit there and look stupid?

Nitemare

Character sheet
Name: Jack Scratch
Seeming: Darkling
Court: courtless

Back to top Go down

Post  mariah Wed May 22, 2013 2:04 am

"Well... I dunno..." Cecelia picks at the table cloth. "The season just chose me.... Like they choose all the monarchs..." The woman is rubbing her temples in worry.

mariah
Admin

https://cedarboundwhispers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nitemare Wed May 22, 2013 12:37 pm

Jack just blinked,trying,and failing,to keep himself composed."I ...see.What,umm,exactly does the role of Queen for,Spring right,entail?"

Nitemare

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  mariah Wed May 22, 2013 12:56 pm

She perks up at this. "I have to make sure my courtiers are doing a good job making other people happy by fulfilling their desires while also fulfilling their own ^^" It sounds a little bit like she's reciting something she learned in a school lesson.

"I also gotta make sure that they are spreading enough Desire to balance out all the Wrath, Fear and Sorrow of the other courts. Because too much of one emotion is bad," she says with a terribly adorable serious expression on her small face.

mariah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nitemare Wed May 22, 2013 4:03 pm

"I see" Jack goes back to eating his food,his composure restored for the moment.Well,if she didn't have a choice in becoming Queen can he really hold that against her?It would be rude to do so."Well,D.C. told me a bit about your Court.No offense but beyond my desire to never go back to...That Place...I don't really desire much.I mean,I would like to find a place to call home,but that is about it."

Nitemare

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  mariah Wed May 22, 2013 4:31 pm

"If you need help you should ask Spring! We like helping." She starts munching on a scone from off of her plate.

mariah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nitemare Wed May 22, 2013 5:23 pm

"Umm,well,there isn't really anything I need help with.I mean,the only thing I do to decide apparently is which Court I wish to join.I have a good idea on that but I want to find out as much as I can before I do decide." He finishes eating his breakfast and puts his fork done "Very good food I must say.Then again the last thing I ate was some sandwiches after getting out of That Place,so this is gourmet to me." He then thinks for a moment before saying "But perhaps I can help you? I mean,I don't want to be a burden and waste this hospitality you have shown me.And it would be something to make up for my earlier rudeness.I can't do much,but I will do what I can."

Nitemare

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  mariah Wed May 22, 2013 8:02 pm

"Hmm, we'll if you like, I don't really have anything right now though. But I will remember for later."

Jack feels as though something is constricting around him ever so slightly. Something that might at a later time compel him to fulfill his oath. ((Jack owes the spring queen a minor favor.))

"Which court are you thinking about joining?" She looks at Jack intently like this is the most interesting thing in the world.

mariah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nitemare Wed May 22, 2013 8:24 pm

Jack thinks for a moment."Well,I don't have alot of interest in Summer as I'm not much of a fighter.Autumn seems kinda neat,magic and all,but I'm not exactly down for making people afraid.Winter seems kinda what I'm used to doing,running and hiding,and finding out secrets.And,no offense,but Spring doesn't seem like my kinda thing.As I mentioned before,I don't really have any desires other then finding a home and not going..back There."

Nitemare

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  mariah Thu May 23, 2013 1:27 pm

She kind if nods a little as Jack talks. "I don't like Autumn.... They're scary..."

The room seems to chill slightly as Jack finishes talking.

mariah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nitemare Thu May 23, 2013 3:03 pm

Jack shivers alittle at the change in temperature,and looks around to see if he can find the source."Did someone turn down the thermostat or is it just me?"

Nitemare

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  mariah Thu May 23, 2013 4:54 pm

A tall and spindly individual has entered the room. He is clearly a changeling also, and the cold seems to be coming from him. Though it is subtle at first, after a while Jack would notice that colors seems to desaturate near him.

He has a pleasant and easy going smile on his face.

When Cecelia notices him she gets excited. "Fiiiinn! Good morning!"

"Good morning your highness," he says kneeling down next to her so he can kiss her small hand which she giggles at. "I'm here to collect your dining companion. He has a date with Autumn." Finn smiles at Jack while Cecelia frowns at Autumn being mentioned.

mariah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nitemare Thu May 23, 2013 5:17 pm

Jack looks a bit confused but nods "Umm,OK,I guess.Let me just put this plate away and I should be ready." Jack stands up and walks over to get rid of his dirty plate and silverware.He comes back a moment later and says"Well,I'm ready I guess.I'm curious why Autumn would want to see me."

Nitemare

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  mariah Thu May 23, 2013 5:23 pm

"It's less of them wanting to and more of my Queen requesting that one of them talk to you. My name is Finn by the way. Of Winter court if you couldn't tell by the mantle," he smiles and extends his hand to shake.

mariah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nitemare Thu May 23, 2013 5:31 pm

"Right,I see.Umm.." Jack shakes the man's hand "I'm Jack.Jack Scratch.I guess it won't hurt to meet with one of them.It could prove insightful." Jack's face light s up in a moment of realization and looks over to his shoulder with the rat on it "I told this little girl I would find her owner after breakfast and I would like to do that first if you don't mind.He shouldn't be too hard to find.He showed up the same time as I did,if that helps any."

Nitemare

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Brett Vire Thu May 23, 2013 6:28 pm

Their conversation was cut short a bit as a very freaked out Scalpel stumbled into the dining area, tripping and falling into a table, causing it to flip over and spill it's occupants food everywhere. He gave a loud curse through grittied teeth as hot coffee spilled on him.
Brett Vire
Brett Vire

Character sheet
Name: Scalpel
Seeming: Wizened

Back to top Go down

Post  mariah Thu May 23, 2013 7:31 pm

((Ok so the table Jack is at is the only one with any occupants currently. So my response will be based on that.))

Cecelia shrieks and goes to cling to her attendant who looks very put out about her coffee being spilled while Wisteria proceeds to growl and stand in front of them protectively. Finn reaches down and picks Scalpel up by his collar before putting him back on his feet. He looks very confused, but slightly amused by the display. Chisel chirps happily in greeting from Jack's shoulder.

mariah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nitemare Thu May 23, 2013 7:50 pm

Jack just looks at the scene in front of him,trying a wee bit not to laugh."Well,I guess I won't have to go looking for him after all." Jack looks at Scalpel,a grin plastered on his face "How nice of you to show up.It means I won't have to go looking for you.It seems you lost someone." Jack extends his arm towards Scalpel's shoulder in case Chisel wishes to return to her owner.

Nitemare

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  mariah Thu May 23, 2013 8:18 pm

Chisel happily scampers back along Jack's arm and onto Scalpel's shoulder where she proceeds to drape herself over the back of his neck.

mariah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brett Vire Thu May 23, 2013 10:05 pm

Scalpel jolted and then pulled away from all of them, or at least tried too "Where have you been Chisel..?" he asked her as he looked back at the others.
Brett Vire
Brett Vire

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Nitemare Thu May 23, 2013 10:09 pm

Jack does a little wave to Scalpel "Don't worry,she was with me,eating breakfast,while I was having a nice chat with these fine folk.This place makes very good breakfast items by the way.I would recommend trying them sometime."

Nitemare

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Brett Vire Thu May 23, 2013 11:13 pm

Scalpel looks at Jack. "Thank you, I will probably not, but I appreciate the tip" he said absently as he pet Chisel "I'm getting wigged out here Chis, we're probably gonna move on today...." he whispered to her.
Brett Vire
Brett Vire

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  mariah Fri May 24, 2013 1:20 pm

Chisel squeaks like she's a little disappointed but resigned to leaving if he wants.

"Have you decided to leave town then or are you just looking for some other place to sleep?" Finn asks conversationally.

mariah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brett Vire Fri May 24, 2013 1:56 pm

Scalpel scratched her chin "Sorry girl, I just don't feel like it's a good idea to be here..." he said as he turned his head towards the man addressing him. "That was more of a private conversation sir, but to answer your question, I am not sure. I would much rather go to my home town, but if I have to stay, I'll stay for a time."
Brett Vire
Brett Vire

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  mariah Fri May 24, 2013 2:12 pm

Finn smiles in an odd, knowing way. "Well then, I'll leave you to it then. Jack, are you ready to go talk to Autumn?" He asks, returning his attention to Jack.

mariah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next