The Freehold of Cedarbound Whispers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scalpel falls out a window and is joined by Jack Scratch

4 posters

Go down

Scalpel falls out a window and is joined by Jack Scratch Empty Scalpel falls out a window and is joined by Jack Scratch

Post  mariah Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:57 pm

Or rather out of the reflection of one. He falls from the second story and lands in an open dumpster. The fall is soft enough that he is, for the most part, unscathed by it (maybe takes one or two bashing).

mariah
Admin

https://cedarboundwhispers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Scalpel falls out a window and is joined by Jack Scratch Empty Re: Scalpel falls out a window and is joined by Jack Scratch

Post  mariah Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:42 pm

Jack steps out of a discarded door frame that is propped up against said dumpster.

mariah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Scalpel falls out a window and is joined by Jack Scratch Empty Re: Scalpel falls out a window and is joined by Jack Scratch

Post  Brett Vire Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:51 pm

Scalpel groaned and slowly sat up, rubbing the back of his head. "Oww... I thought I was done with the whole blunt trauma thing for awhile.." he said as he looked around in confusion for a moment. "Alright.. this isn't the Thorns... is it possible I returned?" he asked as he noticed movement to his side and his eyes darted to it, seeing Jack. "Oh, hello. Could you please inform me of my location, as well as the date if you would be so kind?"
Brett Vire
Brett Vire

Character sheet
Name: Scalpel
Seeming: Wizened
Court: courtless

Back to top Go down

Post  Nitemare Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:20 pm

Jack stops and looks around,his eyes wide at what he is seeing.He touch the dumpster,not wanting to believe it in case this is all some cruel joke and also hoping it is real.He hears someone talking to him but he isn't focused on it.When he feels the dumpster is solid and not moving he just blinks absently."Am..am I home?" He blinks again as tears start to flow."I'm home..I'm home....I'm home!" He cries out as tears start to flow like a river as the realization hits him.He then sees the man who was asking him the question and he just smiles widely,tears still flowing."I finally did it!I finally escaped!"

Nitemare

Character sheet
Name: Jack Scratch
Seeming: Darkling

Back to top Go down

Post  Brett Vire Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:26 pm

Scalpel watched the changeling beside him break down and joyously proclaim what Scalpel had just concluded and allowed himself a small smile, but then sighed. "Ah, you won't do, you're in the same predicament as me. Oh well." he said as he gingerly got off of the dumpster. "Well, you take care and spend your new life wisely, maybe we'll meet each other again." he said as he started to walk down the street.
Brett Vire
Brett Vire

Character sheet
Name: Scalpel
Seeming: Wizened

Back to top Go down

Post  mariah Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:31 pm

a couple walking by look in jack's direction as he talks. they give him the, that guy is totally crazy look.

it is pretty cold outside. there is frost on some of the windows in the alley. the sun seems to be setting but street lights haven't come on yet. littered about the alley are various things; an old bike missing a tire, garbage cans, several discarded news papers.

mariah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nitemare Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:52 pm

Jack takes a few moments to let it all out before pulling himself together.He may be back but if he isn't careful he could just as easily be taken again.He wipes the remaining tears from his eyes then takes a look around.Seeing that nothing here will really help him he pulls what tattered clothes he has remaining closer to himself to try to stave off the cold and starts heading out.He would rather not have escaped just to end up freezing to death.

Nitemare

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  hannah-st.c Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:35 am

a quiet sigh floats from around the corner, shortly followed by changeling. she's pale with short black hair and icy blue eyes. the air around her seems just a bit more frigid and her stolid expression doesn't do much to help. she's wearing a long black sweater, black jeans, and black boots.

she reaches into the duffel bag slung over her shoulder and tosses the newly escaped Jack a small fleece blanket. "at least wrap yourself up in that. you're no good frozen to death or drawing the attention of everyone around you." she gestures to his ripped up clothes. "you here alone?"

her voice sounds far more gentle than her appearance would lead one to assume and in this light it can be noticed that she's actually fairly attractive. but as she gestures the waning light of the sky catches her fingers, which are shiny and metallic, ending in a dangerously sharp point.

hannah-st.c
Admin

http://saintlyhannahclaire.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nitemare Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:12 am

Jack jumps at little at the voice and turns around to see who it is.He eyes the stranger with a look of curiosity and suspicion.He watches her for a moment then slowly reaches for the small blanket she tossed him and wrapped it around himself,find the warm it brings comforting.He eyes her again before replying to her questioning with "While I thank you I want you to know that I have nothing to offer in return,save for secrets." He pulls the blanket closer then adds "But to answer your question,yes.I am alone".

Nitemare

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  hannah-st.c Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:29 am

she rolls her eyes. "what you can offer is the peace of mind that you be won't running around town, half naked and crying and yelling about how you escaped." she sighs and her voice becomes a little more friendly. "you're messed up from the thorns. let me get you some place safe, where you can get that checked out."

she turns to lead him away. she takes a few steps then stops and looks back. "what are you calling yourself now?"

Last edited by hannah-st.c on Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:37 am; edited 1 time in total

hannah-st.c
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nitemare Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:14 am

Jack blinks,confused by the stranger and her request."What I call myself?"He closes his eyes and tries to remember his name.His name.What was his name? "My name is....Jack....Jack.." He runs his hand over his face as her struggles to remember and as his hand moves over the scratch marks he adds "Scratch.That's my name.Jack Scratch.And what reason do you have for offering me a place of safety?I have nothing to offer..."

Nitemare

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  hannah-st.c Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:50 am

lyla huffs in frustration but then calms herself down. her voice still sounds pleasant and her smile seems genuine, but her words are still a bit clipped. "right now, safety for you is safety for everyone. i don't know who you are or what you could do, so it's really best if i know where you are. you're wounded and beat to hell and that's what calls the attention of the cops. and its bad news when changelings get arrested. if it really makes you feel better, i'm not doing this for you, i'm doing it for everyone else that already calls this place home. i'm doing what i have to to keep this place safe and you just luck out and get something out of it as a side effect."

she relaxes her posture and actually faces him properly. "hi jack scratch, i call myself lyla. welcome back." she puts her hand out to shake and though her fingers look like they could easily be very dangerous, she's trying her hardest to seem non threatening.

hannah-st.c
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nitemare Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:32 pm

Jack gives the woman a look over then slowly reaches over and shakes her hand."Thanks I guess?Sorry,I'm not used to people helping me for nothing anymore.I know nothing of where I am,less so then what I did before...that place.." He gives a shudder of horror,trying very hard not to think about that place in the least." He shakes his head to get the thoughts and feelings out then looks at her."I guess I shall follow your lead then?"

Nitemare

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  mariah Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:47 am

mariah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down