The Freehold of Cedarbound Whispers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scalpel walks back to the hotel

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Scalpel walks back to the hotel - Page 2 Empty Re: Scalpel walks back to the hotel

Post  Brett Vire Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:55 pm

Scalpel listened patiently as he waited for his time to speak. "Pleasure to meet you, and please, it's just Scalpel.. oh, M.D. I would rather be called doctor when I get a certificate of license first." he said as he waved at the children. "Which brings me to my reason of talking to you. I need help getting a certificate... can you help me?" he asked D.C.
Brett Vire
Brett Vire

Character sheet
Name: Scalpel
Seeming: Wizened
Court: courtless

Back to top Go down

Scalpel walks back to the hotel - Page 2 Empty Re: Scalpel walks back to the hotel

Post  mariah Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:03 am

The smaller of the girls (http://cedarboundwhispers.wikia.com/wiki/Juno_Cooper)looks at Scalpel frownily from the back seat. The older of the two who is sitting in the front seat (http://cedarboundwhispers.wikia.com/wiki/Austin_Cooper) gives him a dissettling once over. For a second he might think that her eyes are tracing the path of the scars on his face and hands. She then starts playing with her phone disinterestedly.

mariah
Admin

https://cedarboundwhispers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Brett Vire Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:48 pm

Scalpel took not of that and then leaned down so he was actually at face level with the girl "You know, it's impolite to stare at one's deformities. It might convey the wrong message little miss..." he said as he gave her as close to a amused half smile as he could manage.  "You don't want to hurt people's feelings do you?" he asked her.
Brett Vire
Brett Vire

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  mariah Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:45 pm

((She doesn't have her window open. Also I think Scalpel is on DC's side of the car?))

mariah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TaylorC.S. Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:29 pm

D.C. maneuvers himself in such a way that just happens to place him between the car and the stranger. He does so quickly, but not aggressively, appearing to simply want to get within a more conversational distance of the other Changeling.

"Well, that depends on how you want to go about getting one. With my resources, I would happily set you up with a grant or scholarship to put you through the necessary training. I could even help set you up with an internship or other practical experience opportunity. However, I'm assuming you already have the skills and are just looking for the papers. If that's the case, I'd recommend talking with Finn, of Winter. I could have him meet you somewhere here in town; otherwise, you might be able to find him at Ridiculous Coffee. I'm not sure if he ever leaves there for too long at a time."

TaylorC.S.
Admin

Character sheet
Name: Ishamel
Seeming: Ogre
Court: Summer

Back to top Go down

Post  Brett Vire Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:49 pm

At the mention of a Winter Courtier, his disposition changed immediately, dropping his friendly attitude "..Winter.". Scalpel simply turned and walked away, unhappy with hearing that he had to talk to someone of Winter "I see.. well I suppose I can find some other form of work somewhere. Thank you for your time, I'm sorry this didn't really work out and apologize for taking away time from your.. children..?" he called back as he walked away. As he walked he sighed. "Perhaps this was a sign not to join any of the Courts.. why else would I be foiled at every turn?" he said softly to himself.
Brett Vire
Brett Vire

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  mariah Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:55 pm

Chisel bites him really hard at this point and scampers our of his pocket and down his leg onto the ground. The bite clearly means that she thinks it's his own damn fault and that the only one standing in his way is himself.

mariah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brett Vire Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:59 pm

Scalpel gave a sharp yell of pain and looked down at the little hobgoblin "Maybe it is! Okay Fine, I'll go see that damn Winter guy!!" he shouted at the little rat as he then stormed off, trying to scoop her up as he walked. He then looked in D.C.'s direction "I have nothing against you or your family, I just am vehemently oppose the very idea of hiding behind sorrow!" he called out, as if he were justifying his actions.

Last edited by Brett Vire on Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Brett Vire
Brett Vire

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  mariah Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:00 pm

Chisel is limp fish scooped.

mariah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brett Vire Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:05 pm

He plopped her on his shoulder as he walked before stopping. ",,, do you know how to get there Chisel?" he asked in an almost comically meek voice.
Brett Vire
Brett Vire

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  mariah Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:07 pm

She sniffs at the air before squeaking sullenly in negation.

mariah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brett Vire Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:12 pm

He then sighed and walked back to D.C. "My apologies... but how do you get to this.. Ridiculous Coffee?" he asked as he pet Chisel's head.
Brett Vire
Brett Vire

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  TaylorC.S. Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:12 pm

D.C. waited patiently as the new Changeling left and returned, talking with his companion. His countenance doesn't seem at all disturbed.

"Hiding behind sorrow? Sounds like you've got how our courts work very confused. Just because one court or another provides a service doesn't mean you have to agree with them. We seek that service for our own reasons. For example, I might ask Summer to patrol an area, not to hide behind wrath, but because I desire to keep it safe. Sure, it's their wrath they fight with, but that's for them to feel. Seeking a service from Winter doesn't mean joining them, it means understanding that do what they can with their sorrow and we must do what we can with our tools. I'm not asking you to join them or even agree with them, just know that their desires are their own, just as yours are yours."

He offers a small chuckle, "Honestly, though, we're a pretty small town and an even smaller Freehold. We don't have a whole lot of guys who can put together the papers you're looking for. Actually, we've just got the one. Finn is a smart kid when it comes to computers, smartest I've seen. Sure, his skills fall under Winter's shtick, but he'd be the guy to go to even if he was just a normal guy."

A moment of concentration furrows his brow before shaking his head and continuing, "But those weren't the kind of directions you were looking for." He laughs lightly, then gestures down the street, "Ridiculous Coffee is just down that way, take a right two blocks down and it should be on your left not much farther than that."

TaylorC.S.
Admin

Character sheet
Name: Ishamel
Seeming: Ogre
Court: Summer

Back to top Go down

Post  Brett Vire Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:05 pm

Scalpel listened and furrowed his brow "You don't need to explain, I get where you are coming from son, it's just that I don't have much interest in hearing your views on this matter, they are not my views. While this Finn may be a good guy, I cannot just shake my mistrust towards a a follower of an ideology I am aversive to simply from calming words. I am grateful for your help, truly, but preaching to me isn't going to make me change my opinions." he said as he then sighed "I apologize for that, I don't mean to be rude, I just have doubts that any of this is even real. Hallucinatory therapy was something I underwent over six times a day in that.. place, and for all I know I'm in another session right now. So forgive my behavior.. I haven't been convinced that the courts are actually beneficial is all." he said as he then thanked D.C. for the directions and then promptly left.
Brett Vire
Brett Vire

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2