The Freehold of Cedarbound Whispers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jack meets Gregory

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Jack meets Gregory Empty Jack meets Gregory

Post  mariah Wed May 29, 2013 1:01 pm

((if there is anything else Jack wants to talk to Finn about in the car, you can do it here before you actually reach the beach.))

mariah
Admin

https://cedarboundwhispers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Jack meets Gregory Empty Re: Jack meets Gregory

Post  Nitemare Wed May 29, 2013 1:22 pm

Jack watches the city go by as they drive toward their destination.It will definitely take a while to get used to being here but you have to start somewhere. "Anything I should know about this city while I'm here? Dos and Do Nots,local legends,stuff like that?"

Nitemare

Character sheet
Name: Jack Scratch
Seeming: Darkling
Court: courtless

Back to top Go down

Post  mariah Wed May 29, 2013 1:52 pm

"Well, this city is called Wolfmarsh Bay. Before the Freehold was here, the area had a really bad problem with wolves, hence the name. There are still wolves in the area, quite a good number of them, but attacks don't happen hardly at all anymore. It's generally rumored that the Wolf Queen has something to do with that. That'd be the full title of the Autumn monarch.

As for dos and don'ts... Don't cross the monarchs? That's a pretty general rule. Be careful around mortals. Don't blab about us, that includes going to the cops if a Changeling wrongs you. We've got people to deal with stuff like that and adding us to the legal system just complicates things needlessly. Don't go about attacking or murdering random people, we don't really like that. Oh, and especially don't do those things to children. That's a good way for the Wolf Queen to personally dispose of you." He shudders at that the recomposes himself.

"Let's see... Don't kill someone's fetch unless they specifically ask you too or it attacks you first. You probably won't run into any fetches though so you don't really need to worry about that. ... Don't kidnap or imprison anyone, especially other Lost. That's just messed up... I don't really feel like I should say this, but don't help Keepers. Most of this stuff is pretty basic."

mariah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nitemare Wed May 29, 2013 3:02 pm

Jack nods as he listens.Pretty basic stuff then.Not that he planned on going and killing anyone or acting like Them or anything.Still,helpful to know these things "I see.Thanks,it always helps to know the lay of the land.I figure I will be in the city for awhile so everything I can learn now rather then later is always useful."

Nitemare

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  mariah Wed May 29, 2013 3:16 pm

Finn chuckles as he parks. The parking lot is small, close to the sea, though the beach is blocked by a line of trees. There is a small two story building of some kind, it looks to be empty. Most likely some kind of structure owned by the city for public functions. The area is deserted.

Finn exits the car and leads Jack down a short forested path that exits onto a rocky beach. It's a bit windy and the sky is overcast and grey, though it is not exceptionally cold. The two of you walk down the beach until you see this guy (http://cedarboundwhispers.wikia.com/wiki/Gregory). He's standing on the edge of the tide, looking out towards the sea.

Finn walks up to him, calling out his name as he approaches at which he looks in that direction.

"Hey buddy. This is the guy, Jack Scratch is his name."

Gregory gives Jack a once over. It's slightly intimidating, not only from the natural intimidating-ness of an ogre sizing up a darkling, but there is also something unnerving about how he looks at Jack. "N-nice to meet you." Gregory's voice is surprisingly quiet and smooth.

mariah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nitemare Wed May 29, 2013 7:36 pm

Jack looks the new guy over.He is a bit intimidating,although everyone is intimidating right now.Jack also can't help but realize how bright it seems to be out.Was it this bad in the car or did he not just notice?He does his best to ignore it though he finds himself squinting alittle.

"Nice to meet you,err,Gregory,was it? Like he said I'm Jack,Jack Scratch."

Nitemare

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  mariah Wed May 29, 2013 7:50 pm

He nods in confirmation and keeps looking at Jack. You get the feeling he's probably waiting for you to ask him something. Or he's really awkward and doesn't know how to talk to people. Or possibly both.

mariah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nitemare Wed May 29, 2013 8:10 pm

After a few moments of silence Jack pipes up "So I was told you would tell me a little bit more about the Autumn Court? I'm leaning toward either them or Winter,but I want to know everything I can before I decide.Anything you can tell me will help."

Nitemare

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  mariah Wed May 29, 2013 9:31 pm

"U-uh, right." He does a quick double check of the area, probably to make sure there aren't any mortals around.

"Autumn is the court of fear. With fear, we protect. We use it as a tool to keep mortals away from the bad places and to keep the other courts from becoming too fool-hearty in their ways. We turn the scars and curses the gentry afflicted upon us and turn them into blessings and blades to fight back against them with. As such, we are socerers and collectors of arcane knowledge and artifacts." Something about the way he says it makes it sound like they aren't entirely his own words. Not that he doesn't believe them, it is quite apparent from his tone that these are things he takes seriously.

mariah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nitemare Wed May 29, 2013 9:47 pm

Jack notices the ways he talks.He decides that it would be rude to ask about it."Hmm,I always did have an interest in magic.And using fear to keep people away from bad places does sound I can respect.Anything more I should know?"

Nitemare

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  mariah Thu May 30, 2013 12:50 pm

"U-um..." Gregory looks like he's a bit taken aback and looks around like he's trying to think if he missed something.

"W-we, autumn rather, is a family. A very close, small family. If you end up deciding you want to join, you have to be sure about it. If you learn too much, you won't be able to leave. ... Alive, anyway..." He fidgets with his hands.

Finn puts his had on Jack's shoulder. "Don't be too intimidated by that. It's the same deal for winter. Can't really have you leaving after you've learned all our secrets." He smiles.

mariah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nitemare Thu May 30, 2013 2:22 pm

Jack gets a little nervous at this."So,I have one choice to make.And if I choose wrong I get killed to keep quiet.Wondeful.Can't say that makes coming to a decision easier. "

Nitemare

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  mariah Thu May 30, 2013 2:57 pm

"If you leave on good terms for a forgivable reason, Dahl would most likely have you swear a death pledge instead of just having you killed. I can't speak for the Wolf Queen." Finn looks at Gregory who shrugs a little like he doesn't know.

"I've... Never known anyone to leave autumn."

mariah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nitemare Fri May 31, 2013 8:00 pm

Jack closes his eyes and thinks for what seems like an eternity to him,but is in actuality only a few minutes.When he opens his eyes,he does so with knowing his choice"Autumn.I choose Autumn.I want to learn how to use what was done to me against those who did it.And I want to learn how I can use fear to protect others from Them." He then looks to Finn."Know that I still hold respect for Winter and tell the Winter Queen if she ever needs any help outside of Winter I will be more then happy to do so.Its the least I can do for what she has done for me."

Nitemare

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  mariah Fri May 31, 2013 8:14 pm

Finn chuckles. "Well I wasn't really expecting you to choose right here on the beach but that works!"

Gregory has a bit of a surprised look on his face.

"Well, I guess I'll leave him in your capable hands then," Finn says jovially and punches Gregory's shoulder in a friendly manner. Gregory looks flustered by that but not offended by the jester. The longer Jack sees them interact, the more apparent it is that they are most likely good friends.

"And just because you've decided to go for Autumn doesn't mean you can't have a good relationship with the other courts or the people in them. Especially Winter. We tend to be allied with Autumn more often than any other court. I'll let Dahl know though." Finn starts walking back up the beach towards the path to his car.

mariah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nitemare Fri May 31, 2013 8:25 pm

Jack waves to Finn "Until next time Finn and thanks for everything." He then turns toward Gregory "I know it may seem sudden for me to choose,but the way I see it is that I could go back and forth on this but it won't change my opinion.Being able to protect people from Them,even if I have to make them scared,is something I very much want to do." Jack then takes a deep breath and smiles. "So,what is next for me then?"

Nitemare

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  mariah Fri May 31, 2013 9:04 pm

"U-uh well..." Gregory seems very flustered. "I-the queen- you should meet the queen," he splutters. "She-she sleeps during the day though so..." He kicks around some rocks. "I don't really.... What do you want to do till then?"

mariah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nitemare Fri May 31, 2013 9:09 pm

Jack thinks more a moment."Well,mind showing me a bit around the city from your perspective? I'm willing to learn what I can and it will give you and me a chance to talk since we will probably be seeing alot of each other if what you say about Autumn being a small,close family is true.Anywhere you can think of is fine...though I would prefer if we were to start someplace less sunny.I don't think I'm made for it as I used to.I feel like I'm cooking while standing here."

Nitemare

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  mariah Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:39 pm

"Uh...ok O_O'' " Gregory starts walking off down the beach.

mariah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nitemare Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:19 pm

Jack follows behind him"So,what do you do for Autumn?More then deal with annoying questions from the new people I hope?" Jack chuckles and gives Gregory a small smile.

Nitemare

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  mariah Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:27 pm

"I'm-I'm not the twilit page. New people isn't specifically my job I'm just... The newest member and the queen and Valencia are nocturnal... And Valencia's not really a people person. We don't get a whole lot of applicants. We don't get a whole lot of newcomers in this freehold."

Gregory starts leading Jack up a path. The longer Jack has too look at him, the clearer it becomes that Gregory doesn't look that old. Maybe 17 at most.

"I do a lot of research... Been oh a couple exploring missions into the hedge. I try not to go there if I can help it though..."

mariah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nitemare Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:28 am

Jack nods "I see.I can understand that,I'm not exactly a day person myself.I'm only up at this time because I said I would try not to miss breakfast.Silly maybe,but I don't want to be rude."He looks over to Gregory "So,how many people are in Autumn exactly?"

Nitemare

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  mariah Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:03 am

"Three. There are three of us." Gregory keeps leading Jack through the path. It is slightly inclined and wooded with the small branches making a low canopy. This path seems longer than the one Jack went down with Finn to get to beach.

mariah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nitemare Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:02 pm

"Three,huh?You weren't joking about the small family part then."Jack just chuckles a little.He looks around at the path he finds himself on now."May I ask where we are going,or is that a surprise?"

Nitemare

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  mariah Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:53 pm

"Y-yeah. We... We have sort of extended family, non-changeling people but... Well I guess i-if you get in you'll find out about them... I was thinking of going to t-this book store I like... N-normally I don't go out much...." He keeps walking and pauses for a second. "The only other place I usually go is Ridiculous Coffee and Finn will probably have gone there. It's be awkward to see him again after he just left...."

mariah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next