The Freehold of Cedarbound Whispers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sleep Tight, Jack

4 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Sleep Tight, Jack - Page 2 Empty Re: Sleep Tight, Jack

Post  mariah Mon May 20, 2013 4:06 pm

Jack eventually makes his way to the lounge area of the hotel where breakfast is. He is greeted by all kinds of tasty smells. At a preliminary glance they appear to have all the usual breakfast stuff (eggs, bacon, toast, cereal), it also looks like the have some more specialty breakfasts as well.

The room is empty except for a small group at one table. Though most likely momentarily distracted by the delicious food smells, Jack's attention cannot help but be drawn to this table, specifically the child sitting at it. She is a young girl who looks like some kind of cherub out of a renaissance painting (http://cedarboundwhispers.wikia.com/wiki/Cecelia). Beside the sheer demanding presence of her, another factor in her draw is the aura that seems to be radiating from her. It is like concentrated childhood joy. It's like a combination of the feeling of the first day of summer vacation, of eating something delicious at the fare, of feeling like you can do anything.

She is obviously of fae nature. After getting over the initial shock of her, Jack would then notice the woman who is sitting with her and the very large, wolf-like hedgebeast sitting at her feet. The woman appears to be mortal, but she has the strange, halo-like glow around her head like the woman who check Jack in the night previously.

The child notices Jack and after staring at him for a moment, waves vigorously at him. As she does this, the woman with her looks in his direction and then gets a worried expression on her face. The wolf seems disinterested in Jack.

mariah
Admin

https://cedarboundwhispers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nitemare Mon May 20, 2013 4:48 pm

Jack looks away,not wanting to get in trouble for staring.He had to wonder if that child was an actual child.Did she just look like a child because of her Fae nature or an actual child?Probably be rude to ask.

Jack walks over to the breakfast stuff.He looked at it all,taking in the sights and smells.He couldn't help but be mesmerized by it.He almost wanted to cry at how much he missed real actual food.

He snaps out of it after a moment,hoping no one noticed him standing there and looking like an idiot.He put a variety of foods on a plate,quietly walked over to a table and sat down and beins eating his breakfast.

Oh,how he missed good food.

Nitemare

Character sheet
Name: Jack Scratch
Seeming: Darkling
Court: courtless

Back to top Go down

Post  mariah Mon May 20, 2013 7:57 pm

There are all kinds if tasty things like biscuits and gravy, eggs bennidict and waffles.

There is a tv that is playing the news. The sounds of it muffle the conversation of the group enough that, combined with the distance between the two tables, their conversation is muffled.

After a while of peacefully eating, jack feels a small tug on his sleeve. If jack looks down, he sees the girl looking up at him. "Who are you?"

mariah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nitemare Mon May 20, 2013 10:31 pm

Jack looks down at the girl,a bit surprised that someone is talking to him.

"Oh,umm,Hi there.I'm Jack." He thinks for a moment about what to say as he isn't used to talking with children,Fae or not. "I'm new here.Though I guess thats obvious.And,umm,you are?"

Nitemare

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  mariah Mon May 20, 2013 11:13 pm

"I'm Cecelia." She stares at him for a second with big eyes then smiles radiantly. "Do you want more?@ she peeks over the top of the table at his half empty plate.

mariah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nitemare Tue May 21, 2013 12:31 am

He looks at the girl then at his plate then back to her

"Umm,I'm fine for the moment,thanks."He looks at his food again then back to her"Is,umm,there something I can help you with?"

Nitemare

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  mariah Tue May 21, 2013 12:30 pm

"No. Not really." She smiles. "Are you going to live here?" If Jack glances back ather table, the woman seems to be watching her and Jack intently. The wolf is also half sitting up now.

mariah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nitemare Tue May 21, 2013 3:09 pm

"Umm,well I don't really know.I mean,I don't really have anywhere else to go so I guess I will stay here until the people who run it tell me to leave.It is a very nice place though so I guess I'm not unhappy about that.Personally I would rather not overstay my welcome.The people here have been nice and it would be rude of me to stay longer then needed."

He glances over at the other table and sees the woman watching him "Umm,shouldn't you be getting back to your friend? I don't know if she would want you to wander too far."

Nitemare

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  mariah Tue May 21, 2013 4:05 pm

"If you want to stay then you should!" She looks back over at the table then back at Jack. "She's not my friend, she just watches me sometimes..." She then stands on her tiptoes and whispers conspiratorially in his eat, "She's upset because I don't want to eat my melon." She backs up a little bit. "Do you want to come eat with me?" She asks excitedly. "You can pet Wisteria if you want! And your pet can talk to her."

mariah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nitemare Tue May 21, 2013 4:48 pm

Jack looks at the girl then over to the table then back to the girl.

"Umm,sure,I guess? I mean I don't want to intrude or anything."When she mentions about his pet he looks at her confused."Wait,pet? I don't have a pet..."

Nitemare

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  mariah Tue May 21, 2013 4:59 pm

"That's not your's?" She looks confused and points towards Jack's plate. There is now a hedge beast rat chewing on a piece of toast that she has pulled off of it.

mariah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nitemare Tue May 21, 2013 5:28 pm

Jack turns his head and looks at the little rat eating a piece of toast from his plate."You know little one,its quite rude to take food from someone without asking first.I'm not mad but please ask first next time"

Jack looks back to the girl "No,she isn't mine,though I do happen to know this little critter's owner.Once she and I are done eating I guess I will take her back to her owner."

Nitemare

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  mariah Tue May 21, 2013 5:34 pm

Chisel squeaks at Jack and continues eating toast.

"Ok. You can still come to my table if you want." Cecelia trots back over to her table and continues eating. But not the melon bits.

mariah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nitemare Tue May 21, 2013 5:45 pm

Jack just sighs as the girl goes back to her table.On one hand he doesn't want to impose on the other woman,but on the other hand he told the girl he would so he might as well go over there.

He looks over to the rat and says "So,would you rather come with me and go over to that table or would you prefer to sit here and eat your toast?"

Nitemare

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  mariah Tue May 21, 2013 5:53 pm

The rat squeaks, picks up the toast in its mouth and begins scuttling up Jack's arm. It sits on his shoulder and continues munching.

mariah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nitemare Tue May 21, 2013 5:59 pm

Jack picks up his plate and slowly,making sure that the rat doesn't fall off his shoulder,walks over to the table were the girl and woman and sitting and eating.When he gets there he looks at them a bit nervously before saying"Umm,Hi,would it be alright if I sit here?I was invited to do so,but I want to make sure its ok first.If not I can go back to my table.."

Nitemare

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  mariah Tue May 21, 2013 6:05 pm

"Yes!" Cecelia says delightedly.

The woman nods and manages a very small smile. The wolf snuffles at Jack's knees before laying its head back down.

mariah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nitemare Tue May 21, 2013 6:11 pm

Jack puts his plate down,pulls a seat out and sits down."Thank you then.Umm,I'm Jack.Jack Scratch."He starts eating a little more of his food before adding"So,not to pry or anything,but how long have you been in this place?Whoever owns this place must have put in alot of work.And I think it really shows.This place is quite lovely."

Nitemare

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  mariah Tue May 21, 2013 6:21 pm

"Thank you! It makes me happy when people like my house," Cecelia beams. "I don't know if I own it though... Do I own it?" She looks at the woman for an answer.

"Your court owns it. So yes, in a way. I believe D.C. Intends on giving ownership to you when you become old enough to take care of it." The woman has a very gentle, but clear voice.

mariah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nitemare Tue May 21, 2013 6:48 pm

Jack just nods and listens intently to what the two are saying before piping up"I met D.C. last night.Seemed like a nice guy and very knowledgeable.He told me some things about the different Courts.It helped." jack then turns his attention to Cecelia "Is D.C. something like your father then?I mean,if this place is your home but he is owner then thats what I'm guessing."

Nitemare

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  mariah Tue May 21, 2013 7:05 pm

"Mmmmm...." She frowns. "He's my advisor."

mariah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nitemare Tue May 21, 2013 7:21 pm

Jack nods "I see.My apologies if that sounded disrespectful in anyway.I was merely curious.What does he advise you on exactly?"

Nitemare

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  mariah Tue May 21, 2013 8:48 pm

"No, I guess he is kind of like a dad..." She fidgets and blushes a little bit before seeming to recompose herself. "Court matters. He advises me on court matters so I can make good royal decisions." She smiles at her lady guardian who returns her smile.

mariah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nitemare Tue May 21, 2013 9:12 pm

Jack just stared at Cecelia,confusion spread across his face"Wait..royal decisions..are you like a queen or something?"

Nitemare

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  mariah Tue May 21, 2013 11:24 pm

"Uh-huh!" She looks very pleased with herself.

mariah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next